Sampling the Colors of India



Sisterhood.



Brick makers' wives.



Rice farmers' wives.




The wife of a potter.

We are back. Unfortunately our luggage is not. We had a wonderful time despite some bad trip karma. In addition to missing luggage, I've arrived home with a large knot on top of my head. The overhead compartment in the airplane opened mid-flight on the way to India and a laptop fell on my, thankfully, hard head, leaving me with a bump and black eye. Three days later I came down with a respiratory infection and managed to walk into a wall which caused another egg, this one turning my right temple a lovely green. A fall while in the jungle left me with a bruised leg and sprained ankle but we managed to carry on. Our vacations tend not to be for the feint of heart, but this was the first time I elicited sympathy from the women of the villages we visited. They simply glared at Bob who they assumed was responsible for my colorful appearance. I arrived home wheezing and wearing the latest in fashionable black, blue and green, accessorised, of course, with an au courant ace bandage. The trip was worth every bump and bruise and I have much to tell you. I wanted to start with a sampling of the colors of India and it's beautiful women. The colors will beat back the grayest of days. I hope you enjoy the pictures.