Top Tip Tuesday Tip #5 - Caramel Apple Card Tutorial


Morning all!
It is time again this week for  Top Tip Tuesday. Have you been over to enter our weekly drawings?Now, the whole point of Top Tip Tuesday  is for you to come and leave a  link to your blog giving us your Top Tip - it can be anything at all!!   Now, whats on offer to you for sharing your tip??
-------------------------------------

Prize 1 - The Stamping Boutique - 3 Digi Images


A bit about The Stamping Boutique:  I'm Tracey Malnofski, the artist and owner of The Stamping Boutique. My team and I are very happy to sponsor Top Tip Tuesday. My store has been open since September 2009. I've worked for InStyleStamps, Squigglefly, and TheDigiShack. I'm a professional artist and an active member of the Artist' Guild in my community. I have quite a busy household with a husband, 3 teenagers, 5 mini-dachshunds and an Appaloosa mare. It's noisy, but I love them all. I'm truly blessed.  "The Stamping Boutique" is dedicated to quality products and original artwork. We not only provide wonderful digital images in our store, but also several lines of red rubber images. Our designers are chosen for their character and personality,as well as, their beautiful designs. We work hard to give you our very best. Thank you so much for having us as your sponsor this week.

-------------------------------------
Featured Prize -Creative Treasures


Tracy is offering this wonderful load of goodies:
A bit about Creative Treasures: “I'm Tracy and Creative Treasures is a family run business with a love of all things craft related. We stock a great range of mulberry flowers, ribbons, lace, crystal drops, card candy, charms and lots of pretty embellishments. We are always adding new stock. Our aim is to provide a fantastic customer service and great value for money.”

-------------------------------------

 I Found this adorable pattern in my July 2010 issue of Paper crafts magazine just knew this would be a great idea to share with you today. I love to cut out or scan patterns whenever I see them in magazines. Sometimes I can use them for other projects.Next time you get ready to pass on a magazine, or toss, remove the patterns for other crafts.

This is the pattern I used to cut out the pieces.  Love patterns that have thick lines you can see
When I cut them out I left a little edge hanging around the lines so I could cut easier without re-sizing the pattern. Does that make sense? You can click the picture to enlarge and see what I meant.
These are the pieces I cut out, there is a white card stock piece I put the pattern on the fold of heavier paper to make this apple outline for the card base. It makes the card much more sturdy that way.
I decided to emboss the leaves to give them a texture using one of my sizzix folders, then I decided the pieces needed to be distressed with ink. I love to distress either with ink or sanding tools.I have a great set from Close To My Heart, it has so many great pieces to use for any type of distressing.

Here is the finished card, I used a Popsicle stick attached to the back, added a button and twine to attach.

I had this cute little verse from AMUSE stamps and thought it fit well.

Thanks for stopping and I hope you enjoyed my quick card tutorial today, if you decide to make one please let me know. I would love to see them.
 
 -------------------------------------


All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning one of our fabulous prizes is:


Share a tip
then leave the direct link to your tip/creation on the inlinkz below. Remember the rules...

  1. Create a new blog post on your blog with your Top Tip
  2. Put a direct link to that post using InLinkz below
  3. Make sure there is a link on your post to www.toptiptuesday.blogspot.com
Please, do not use old posts. Only new posts will be eligible to win the prize. Any old dated posts will be removed.
I hope you like my tutorial and I can't wait to see your fantastic tips.  Remember, if you use my tutorial, please email us at toptiptuesday@blogspot.com so we can see!