"I didn't summit but...

...Mt. Everest touched my heart." Bob and I took an aerial tour of the Himalayas this morning and Mt. Everest and I are kissing cousins. It was an indescribable experience. An old pilot in our group also reminded us that we all had lived to die another day. The landing did not please him. We are in Nepal. The food is terrible but the valley is one of fascinating contrasts. Yesterday we were able to see the Living Goddess and her temple. She is a seven year old girl chosen in much the same way as the Dalai Lama. It was a fascinating peek into the culture and beliefs of the people here. We remain in Kathmandu for another two days before moving on to visit a Sherpa village and beginning a wildlife safari. Many of you have asked who arranged the tour we are taking. The group is called Road Scholars and I heartily recommend it to all who love to travel.I hope you all are well. Blessings...Mary