Top Tip Tuesday Tip #3 - Grundge Flower Tutorial!

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a lovely day :o)

My name is Maggie, and I'm the new member to the team!  I'll show you how to make a beautiful grunge paper flower.

Firstly, we have 3 fabulous sponsors again this week.

Winner 1 Prize:


 Digital Delights are offering one lucky winner a $10 gift certificate.

Welcome to Digital Delights, a magical place filled with digital stamps from all walks of life. We have a wide range of digital stamps which are delivered straight to your email 24/7!! Don't forget about our custom blog design and custom watermarks, all of which are fantastically priced.

Winner 2 Prize


Daisys Digi Doodles is offering one lucky winner this fantastic pumpkin image!


Hiya,
My name is Julie, I'm also known as Jules, Jue, Miss Daisy, Hey you...depending on who I am speaking to, lol.
I have been married to the love of my life for 21 yrs, we have 1 son and a cat.  I have drawn off and on since I was
 small, my mum was always doing craft relate things, I must take after her.  I have been making digi's for just under 
a year now, and I love it.   I have tried loads of crafts, modelling (not that sort....I wish :o), cross stitch, 
embroidery, painting, glass painting...etc.I have dabbled with cards, but the whole house became my craft room, 
so I stick with the computer now, so much tidier!  I leave the cards to the experts now, lol.   It gives me so much 
pleaure to see cards made using my images.  I am always awestruck by how much talent there is out there.  
I also love reading and watching footie :o)


Featured Tipper Prize


Sunshine & Giggles is offering our lucky Featured Tipper 3 digi images of their choice!!

My name is Janice Hopper, owner of Sunshine and Giggles Stamps.  I started Sunshine & Giggles one year ago offering images of kids just being kids, from all walks of life.  We are now expanding the line to offer cute little animals as well.  All images are delivered directly into your in box in ZIP JPEG format. No wait time!  The beauty of digital is you can resize to your liking.  This weeks winner will get to select 3 images of their choosing.

What fantastic prizes!!!  Now on to my tutorial:


What you need:
- grunge paper 15x15cm sheet is enough
- 2 punches
- 4 Promarkers or if you prefer 4 different ink pads. I've chosen browns and a red.
- silicon glue
- pokey tool or something long and thin
- glitter glue
- small square of paper/carboard to use as a base for this flower, approx. 1.5x1.5cm


These are the punches I've used.


You need to punch 15 of those - they'll be coloured in 3 different shades (5 of each shade).

And you need to punch 4 of those - they'll be coloured with the remaining 4th shade.


Colour the petals. 5 with Burnt Orange.

5 with Chestnut.


5 with Ruby

Shape 10 of them in two different colours with the pokey tool. (I've chosen 5 in Burnt Orange and 5 in Chestnut)

You should have 10 of these.

Colour these 4 with Cinnamon Promarker.


Together with 5 Ruby petals curl them on the other end of your pokey tool. If you haven't got a pokey tool use a round pencil.


You should have 9 of these.

Put a big portion of silicon glue on the small square of paper you have.

Insert 5 Burnt Orange petals like this.

5 Chestnut petals like that - between the Burnt Orange ones but a bit higher than them.

5 Ruby petals like that.

And 4 Cinnamon petals like that.

To finish of put some glitter glue to cover the silicon glue.
Leave to dry. To be on the safe side put aside for about 2 hours.


Photo from a different angle.


That's what you can do with a flower like this one.


All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning one of our fabulous prizes is:

Share a tip
then leave the direct link to your tip/creation on the inlinkz below. Remember the rules...
  1. Create a new blog post on your blog with your Top Tip
  2. Put a direct link to that post using InLinkz below
  3. Make sure there is a link on your post to www.toptiptuesday.blogspot.com
Please, do not use old posts. Only new posts will be eligible to win the prize. Any old dated posts will be removed.
I hope you like my tutorial and I can't wait to see your fantastic tips.  Remember, if you use my tutorial, please email us at toptiptuesday@blogspot.com so we can see!