Top Tip Tuesday #2.....with a twist!

Hi Folks! Moriah here for our second Top Tip Tuesday Tutorial...this week with a twist!

Firstly, our sponsors this week are the gracious:

---------------------------------

Winner Prize


Who are offering one lucky winner a $10 voucher to spend in the shop!

"Hello everyone! my name is Elizabeth Pujalka and I´m the illustrator and designer behind Softpencil Digital Stamps, home of Michu and his lovely friends, where you can find cute illustrations for your crafting needs.
My illustrations are a homage to the Nature and their creatures, where a sweet child, a simple flower or a fragile animal become protagonists.
I invite you to know my whimsical world plenty of gorgeous characters and to enjoy creating with them!"

Elizabeth also has a sale on througout September - buy an image, set or collection and get another one for free (same or less value).

Featured Prize
who are offering 5 images (not VIP images), of the winners choice!!

My name is Angela and I own Sew Many Cards. I have a husband, an almost 10year old daughter, a two year old son, and a dog/puppy: Hershey. The images of Sew Many Cards came from a dream that my husband had of a group of animals that were "SEWN Together" with patches and stitching, hence the name, which he also came up with. You will find that every image in the Sew Many Cards collection has patches and stitching, even the ones that are not animals. I love to draw and almost every image is either an inspiration from my family or a request from my great customers and design team, so please ask if you need something specific or would like to request something be made. You can contact me at angela@sewmanycards.com.

---------------------------------

Now onto this weeks tip with a twist...I adore taking something and tweaking it a bit to put my own spin on it. So this week I'll be showing you how I altered a clipboard to make it a little more fun! The twist is...this week to enter the competition, you can either leave us a tip or alter something!


What you'll need to get started: a clipboard (mine is a mini clipboard, I *heart* mini stuff!), some old paper, pencil/pen, designer paper, and some fun embellishments.


I used some old scratch paper that I had left over from a holiday card class I taught. Recycle where you can. :) Anyhoo, I traced the back of clipboard to get the template. I measured how far the "clip" extends into the "board and cut a notch in the top of my template to be able to slide the paper onto the clipboard. Then I used my scratch paper template and traced the clipboard shape onto some designer paper to make this:





I gathered some embellies and tried to decide which ones spoke to me most. I went with the ever faithful seam binding. Look at the price on that package! You can tell this is the old stuff. A friend gave me this when she was cleaning out some of her sewing stash! Now for my image...


Elizabeth at Softpencil was not only kind enough to sponsor us this week, she also gifted me an image! How sweet. :) I got the chance to choose and I went with this cutie patootie poochie. Instead of just coloring, I decided to paperpiece him. We'll see him again in a minute, but first..


I'm running the seam binding down the side using double-sided tape. I'll finger ruffle the seam binding 3/4ths of the way down and leave it flat at the bottom for the poochie image.


The ruffles are done, but the clipboard and the image need a little more umph, so I added some ink distressing to the edges of everything. Once that's done, I glued the paper "spots" on the poochie and colored the white parts of him and the grass with glitter chalks and ...

At the last minute I added some dew drops. What can I say? I have a thing for bling. :)

So, remember, this week:
Share a tip or alter something - then leave the direct link to your tip/creation on the inlinkz below. Remember the rules...
  1. Create a new blog post on your blog with your Top Tip
  2. Put a direct link to that post using InLinkz below
  3. Make sure there is a link on your post to www.toptiptuesday.blogspot.com
Please, do not use old posts. Only new posts will be eligible to win the prize. Any old dated posts will be removed.
Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!