National Coffee Cake Day - Coffee Cake Retrospective

From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...Left to my own devices, I'd be late for the second coming. I guarantee that I wouldn't be featuring coffee cakes on National Coffee Cake Day if someone else hadn't provided memory cues and prodded me along. Last year I bumbled my way into two sites that were as interesting as they were original. One was called Tasteful Inventions and the other was called Month's of Edible Celebrations. One site looks at the who and what of food creation and invention and the other is a fascinating compilation of dates and related recipes for food lovers who like to have others do research for them. That would be me. Louise, the creative force behind those blogs, spread the word that April 7th was National Coffee Cake Day. So, here we are. Easter is coming and I suspect you're starting to put menus together for the holiday. I'll be posting new recipes for coffee cakes for the remainder of the week, but I thought I'd get started with a retrospective of what's come before. I hope you find something of interest in the recipes that follow. Clicking on the name of the coffee cake will take you to the recipe for it.








"Real" Coffee Cake














Budapest Coffee Cake













Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake















Walnut Coffee Cake














Blackberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake












Poem Koec - Belgian Coffee Cake
















Coffee Walnut Cake















Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake














Pistachio Coffee Ring













Cinnamon Meringue Coffee Ring















Coffee Twist