Top Tip #20 - Ribbon Banner & 'Girlie' Challenge


Morning everyone!

We have a stunning tutorial for you today - I can't wait to share it with you!!  Our challenge this week is:

Anything Girlie

You can submit anything to the challenge as long as its girlie!!  Another nice and easy challenge!!

Hi Everyone, Dawn here today to share a quick tutorial
Today at Top Tip Tuesday I am sharing a tutorial on using scraps of RIBBON.   
Our sponsors this week are:

 Prize 1
Prize - 2 Digi Images
The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs is proud to sponsor Top Tip Tuesday.  I own and run The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs.  We offer a variety of both polymer stamps and digi stamps.  Weekly challenges are held at The Crafty Pad Blog.

Prize 2

Ooh La La Creations is offering you any 1 of their CDs!

We live in France.  My daughter and I design the CD's.  I started crafting about 20 years ago with glass painting and decorated furniture then started making cards for friends and family.  We decided to design our own CD's as there was not much craft materials around when we moved here.  We use living Artists for all of our CD's now and have recently shown our CD's on Create and Craft TV

Featured Tipper Prize

I am so chuffed to be able to offer you a fabulous prize from our new sponsor....
Pizzazz Aplenty is run by Judy Bennet, and she is offering our Featured Tipper this fabulous stack of goodies..

3 yards 3/8" Black & White Gingham Ribbon, 3 yards 5/8" Chocolate Satin Ribbon, 3 yards 1.25" Alexandria Lace, One package each of: 2mm, 3mm and 4mm Pink Rhinestones, One package each of 2mm, 3mm and 4mm White Pearls, One package each of 2mm, 3mm and 4mm Dark Chocolate Pearls, One Gel Picker

Judy's Bio:  Pizzazz Aplenty began with only a bit of bling and some ribbon, but over the past few months, we've added so much more. . . from cardstock to cellophane bags, as well as a variety of embellishments for your cardmaking or scrapbooking projects. , ,  stick pins, brads, buttons, cords, twines, laces, lots of ribbon, and over 20 choices of colors in our flatback pearls and rhinestones.   Our two newest additions to the inventory are The Best Glue Ever, and the Embellie Gellie - tools to make your crafting sooo much easier!  Please stop by and take a look at our store: Pizzazz Aplenty.  Remember, there's no such thing, as too much bling!  Judy Bennett.

Our Challenge this week is
  Girlie
So let me start with a question to all of you.
Do you have lots of scraps of ribbon? 
You know those little end pieces and pieces that might make a nice bow?
Well let me say I have ribbon everywhere.
I had these really great acrylic pennants from Creative Cuts And More I started with.
They come with a protective sheet so you don't scratch them before using.

Creative Cuts and More also offers this really aggressive tape- 
I used this to cover one side completely - It is so easy to use this two sided adhesive,
I always know my projects will stay together.
I sorted out several pieces of pink-most of the pieces worked very well without me having to cut them.
The back of the pennant looks pretty good also because you see the ribbons.
You have the choice of placing ribbon on this side also  or maybe a favorite patterned paper would look nice.

This first view is after I trimmed all the overlap.I used one of my favorite tools-The Crop-O-Dile!!!
I punched three holes across the tops of each. You can choose to punch after the ribbon is on or punch first and then re-punch through the hole after your done placing the ribbons.
I threaded a long ribbon through all the holes but didn't like them not matching on the front. So I un-threaded and came up with coming in one side and tying a ribbon on the back to hold the loop. Then I went back through the same hole and out the front. I really liked that they lined up on the front and hung nicer.

So I decided to use these acrylic pennant scrapbook pages to make a pink banner.
I added some more extra ribbon on the ends, and some bling and flowers from Prima.
So I hope you enjoyed this easy idea to use up lots of scrap pieces of ribbon.

Now don't forget to play along this week -we
love having you share all your projects and tips.

Here is some wonderful inspiration from the DT

Elaine

Maggie

Ribbon Rose


Carol

Ei



Leanne

Anne

Remember, all you have to do to win a prize is:
  1. Create something using the theme of the challenge
    OR
  2. leave a tip (using the comment section)
    OR
  3. do both!!

    You can now only enter the challenge 3 times -  just as long as its a new creation - any back dating creations (before today's date) will be removed.

    You must also do a link to Top Tip Tuesday on your creation post.
Only someone leaving a tip can win the featured tipper prize - you can leave your tip via the comment section of the post.

Remember, there is also the chance to be one of our Top 3 creations as well!!

You have until 11pm (UK Time) on Monday 7th February to enter - so go on, get creating!